- All locations of the university library are open to the public under certain conditions to protect against the corona pandemic
- Opening hours:
Campus Westerberg: Mon - Fri 09.00 - 20.00, Sat 10.00 - 14.00
Campus Haste and Lingen: Mon - Fri 09.00 - 18.00, Sat 10.00 - 14.00.
Admission in all libraries until 15 min before closing time.
- Until further notice, the use of the Lingen campus library is only possible for students and employees of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. Access to the hall is granted with the CampusCard. If there are any problems with access, please call 0591/80098-301 during library opening hours.
- Return of media
Campus Westerberg: The return machine is available Mon - Fri from 06.00 - 20.00, Sat from 10.00 - 16.00.
The book return boxes in Haste and Lingen are available throughout the day.
Campus Haste: Main entrance
Campus Lingen: South entrance. In addition, a book return box is available at the library building during the hall opening hours.
It is emptied Mo - Fr until 18.00, on Saturday until 14.00. Media deposited Mon - Fri after 6:00 p.m. and Sat after 2:00 p.m. will be returned on the next opening day.
In the period from 16.12.20 to 08.01.2021 no reminders will be sent. There will be no automatic renewal of loan periods expiring during this period. Therefore, please extend the loan periods in good time.
- As of winter semester 2020/2021, students of the Hochschule Osnabrück will automatically be activated for library use after enrolment and mailing of the CampusCard.
- Also from winter semester 2020/2021 on, students of the university will automatically be registered with the university e-mail address for the library's e-mail service. Students who had already registered for the e-mail service with a different e-mail address will be overwritten with the university e-mail address. This means that from WS 2020/2021 on, all students of the university will communicate exclusively via the university e-mail address.
- The libraries may only be entered individually in accordance with the applicable hygiene regulations.
- It is necessary to wear a mouth-and-nose protection.
- The library offers a limited number of workplaces and workrooms for members of the Hochschule Osnabrück. The length of stay is not limited. A reservation will be possible from spring 2021.
- Before visiting the library, please research literature quickly and conveniently from home using our search engine scinos or our catalogue. If you concentrate your stay in the library on working in our workrooms and borrowing literature, you will be contributing to your and our health protection.
- In accordance with the Lower Saxony Corona Pandemic Ordinance of October 8, 2020, the contact information of each visitor is collected and kept for 3 weeks: first and last name, full address, telephone number, date and time of coming and going. The user will not be allowed to enter the library until the form has been turned in. When leaving the library, please report again to the security guard (Westerberg) or at the service counters (Haste and Lingen), so that the time of departure can be recorded.
- All external users (city users and members of other universities) are permitted to use the library in addition to members of the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück. All external users can only borrow media. Unfortunately it is not possible to use workstations. The length of stay should not exceed 30 minutes.
- In addition to returning and borrowing media, copying, scanning and printing are possible.
- Recommendation: Use of electronic resources (as of now also Beck and Juris)
- Therefore, please keep to the minimum distance of (1.5 - 2 m in waiting areas and corridors, 2.5 m in working areas) and the prescribed route
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory in the library
- The mask may be taken off during longer stays within the individual work rooms.
- There is a daily basic cleaning of the workplaces
- You will find hand disinfectant dispensers in the entrance, exit areas and all floors of the libraries
- Disinfectants are available at the information or service desks for the disinfection of workstations
Book return is possible at all locations during opening hours. No reminders will be sent out between 12/19/20 and 08/01/2021.
The following return options will be available:
The return machine of the Westerberg Campus Library is accessible at the following times:
- Westerberg (north entrance): Monday - Friday from 06.00 - 20.00, Saturday from 06.00 - 16.00.
The book return boxes in Haste and Lingen will be available continuously from 04.01.2021:
- Haste (main entrance)
- Lingen (south entrance). In addition, a book return drop box will be available at the library building during hall hours.
It is emptied Monday - Friday until 6:00 pm and on Saturday until 2:00 pm. Media deposited after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and after 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays will be returned on the next opening day.
Users* of the university library can only enter the library via the south entrance (direction Mensa). There is an entrance control by a security service. Please have your university card/library card ready.
The book return machine can be reached from the foyer (not on Saturday) and during opening hours and via the North entrance from Mo - Fr 6am - 8pm, Sa 6am - 4pm.
The automatic pay stations are accessible via the south entrance again.
The media stocks can only be accessed via the south entrance.
From 20.10.2020 the group work rooms can be used by a maximum of 1 person. A new reservation software is currently in the test phase. Once the test phase is complete, it will be possible to make reservations again.
Until further notice, the use of the Lingen campus library is only possible for students and employees of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. Access to the hall is granted with the CampusCard. If there are any problems with access, please call 0591/80098-301 during library opening hours.
From 20.10.2020 the group work room can be used by 1 person. A new reservation software is currently in the test phase. Once the test phase is complete, it will be possible to make reservations again.
From 20.10.2020 the group work room can be used by 1 person.
Active and passive inter-library lending for books and copies is possible under "normal" conditions.
You can still order literature via the delivery service subito and have it delivered directly to your home: https://www.subito-doc.de/
Interlibrary loans can be returned from at all locations.
You are welcome to use our numerous electronic resources. The electronic offers are available from your private computer via VPN (in german language only) or the virtual desktops of the faculties.
A number of publishers are currently making articles, magazines and e-books temporarily available free of charge. Please research these temporary offers here.