Due to maintenance work on the electricity network, the library on the Lingen campus will be closed on Friday, 24.07., including Saturday, 25.07.2020.
You are welcome to use our book return box in the parking lot for your returns. Please note that media can be returned on the next opening day at the earliest.
- All locations of the university library will be open to the public again from 04.05.2020 under certain conditions to protect against the corona pandemic (Mon - Fri from 9.00 - 16.00).
- The libraries may only be entered individually in accordance with the applicable hygiene regulations.
- It is necessary to wear a mouth-and-nose protection.
- The number of simultaneous visitors* is limited:
Campus Westerberg: 50 visitors
Campus Haste and Lingen: 25 visitors
- Please allow for waiting times or switch to other days and times.
- As of 02.06.20 the library offers workstations and workrooms in limited numbers for university members (only one person per workroom/workstation, no group work !). The length of stay will then no longer be limited.
- In accordance with the Lower Saxony regulation to combat the Corona Pandemic (of 8 May 2020 according to § 10 c), the contact details of each visitor are collected and kept for 3 weeks: first and last name, full address and a telephone number. Only after submitting the form may the user enter the library.
- As of 20 July 2020, all external users (city users and members of other universities) will again be permitted to use the library in addition to members of the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück. All external users can only borrow media. Unfortunately it is not possible to uste workstations. The length of stay should not exceed 30 minutes.
- In addition to returning and borrowing media, copying, scanning and printing are possible.
- As of 04 May 2020 the normal loan periods will apply again (4 weeks with the possibility to extend the loan period 5 times). Reminders will also be sent out again.
- Your health is important to us: our hygienic concept
- Return of media
- Special features for the libraries Campus Westerberg, Haste and Lingen
- Notes on interlibrary loan
- Recommendation: Use of electronic resources (as of now also Beck and Juris)
- We are available for you Monday to Friday (09 - 16 o'clock) personally, by telephone and by mail.
- Therefore, please keep to the minimum distance of 1.5 - 2 m and the prescribed route
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory in the library
- For longer stays, the mask does not have to be worn in the individual and group rooms
- There is a daily basic cleaning of the workplaces
- You will find hand disinfectant dispensers in the entrance and exit areas of the libraries as well as in the central areas of the 1st and 2nd floor of the CampusWesterberg library
- Disinfectants are available at the information or service desks for the disinfection of workstations
- The return machine of the library Campus Westerberg is accessible again from Monday 04.05.20 at the following times:
Westerberg (main entrance): Monday - Friday from 08 - 18 hrs
- The book return boxes in Haste and Lingen are still available:
Haste (main entrance): continuous
Lingen (south entrance): continuous. In addition, a book return flap is available at the library building on Mon - Fri from 09.00 - 16.00 hrs
Users* of the university library can only enter the library via the south entrance (direction Mensa). There is an entrance control by a security service. Please have your university card/library card ready.
The book return machine can only be reached via the north entrance Mo - Fr from 08.00 - 18.00 hours.
The automatic pay stations are also only accessible via the north entrance Mo - Fr from 09.00 - 16.00 hrs.
The media stocks can only be accessed via the south entrance.
The service counter has been temporarily moved to the training room.
Musicals can be booked temporarily at the information desk on the 1st floor. All other media can be borrowed from the self-check-out counters as usual.
From 02.06.20 the individual and group work rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors are available for use by one person each. A reservation is not necessary.
At present, access to the library is only possible via the east entrance (Mensa).
The exit is located on the north side (station side).
From 02.06.20 the individual work rooms, the group work room and other designated workstations are available. A reservation is not necessary.
From 02.06.20, a group room for one person and other designated individual workstations will be available on the gallery and in the PC pool. A reservation is not necessary.
Active and passive inter-library lending for books and copies is again possible under "normal" conditions.
You can still order literature via the delivery service subito and have it delivered directly to your home: https://www.subito-doc.de/
Interlibrary loans can be returned from 04 May 2020 onwards at all locations.
You are welcome to use our numerous electronic resources. The electronic offers are available from your private computer via VPN (in german language only) or the virtual desktops of the faculties.
A number of publishers are currently making articles, magazines and e-books temporarily available free of charge. Please research these temporary offers here.