- All locations of the university library are open to the public under certain conditions to protect against the corona pandemic
Campus Westerberg: Mo - Fri 09.00 - 18.00 h, Sat closed
Campus Haste and Lingen: Mo - Fri 09.00 - 18.00, Sat 10.00 - 14.00 h
Admission to all libraries until 15 minutes before closing.
- New opening hours from 01 October 2020 for all libraries (Westerberg, Haste, Lingen):
Mon - Fri 09.00 - 20.00 h, Sat 10.00 - 14.00 h
Please note that the libraries will be closed on Saturday, October 03 and Saturday, October 31.
- As of winter semester 2020/2021, students of the Hochschule Osnabrück will automatically be activated for library use after enrolment and mailing of the CampusCard.
- Also from winter semester 2020/2021 on, students of the university will automatically be registered with the university e-mail address for the library's e-mail service. Students who had already registered for the e-mail service with a different e-mail address will be overwritten with the university e-mail address. This means that from WS 2020/2021 on, all students of the university will communicate exclusively via the university e-mail address.
- The libraries may only be entered individually in accordance with the applicable hygiene regulations.
- It is necessary to wear a mouth-and-nose protection.
- The number of simultaneous visitors* is limited:
Campus Westerberg: 100 visitors
Campus Haste: 40 visitors
Campus Lingen 30 visitors
- Please allow for: waiting times or switch to other days and times.
- The library offers a limited number of workplaces and workrooms for members of the Hochschule Osnabrück. The maximum number of persons is shown on the notice board at the door of each room. The length of stay is not limited. A reservation will be possible from 01.10.20-
- In accordance with the Lower Saxony regulation to combat the Corona Pandemic (of 8 May 2020 according to § 10 c), the contact details of each visitor are collected and kept for 3 weeks: first and last name, full address and a telephone number. Only after submitting the form may the user enter the library.
- All external users (city users and members of other universities) are permitted to use the library in addition to members of the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück. All external users can only borrow media. Unfortunately it is not possible to use workstations. The length of stay should not exceed 30 minutes.
- In addition to returning and borrowing media, copying, scanning and printing are possible.
- Your health is important to us: our hygienic concept
- Return of media
- Special features for the libraries Campus Westerberg, Haste and Lingen
- Notes on interlibrary loan
- Recommendation: Use of electronic resources (as of now also Beck and Juris)
- We are available for you Monday to Friday (09 - 16 o'clock) personally, by telephone and by mail.
- Therefore, please keep to the minimum distance of (1.5 - 2 m in waiting areas and corridors, 2.5 m in working areas) and the prescribed route
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory in the library
- The mask may be taken off during longer stays within the individual work rooms. In group work rooms, masks must be worn if two or more persons occupy the room.
- There is a daily basic cleaning of the workplaces
- You will find hand disinfectant dispensers in the entrance, exit areas and all floors of the libraries
- Disinfectants are available at the information or service desks for the disinfection of workstations
- The return machine of the library Campus Westerberg is accessible at the following times:
Westerberg (main entrance): Monday - Friday from 06 - 20 hrs
- The book return boxes in Haste and Lingen are available:
Haste (main entrance): continuous
Lingen (south entrance): continuous. In addition, a book return flap is available at the library druing the hall opening ours
Users* of the university library can only enter the library via the south entrance (direction Mensa). There is an entrance control by a security service. Please have your university card/library card ready.
The book return machine can be reached from the foyer during opening hours and via the North Entrance from 06am - 06pm.
The automatic pay stations are accessible via the south entrance again.
The media stocks can only be accessed via the south entrance.
From 01.09.20 the service counter will be back on its usual place.
From 01.09.2020 the booking of musicalies will again be made at the service counter. All other media can be borrowed from the self-check-out counters as usual.
From 01.09.2020 the group work rooms can be used by a maximum of 2-3 persons. The maximum number of persons and the conditions of use are shown on the notices on the doors of the respective rooms. Wearing a mouth-and-nose protection is also compulsory in the group rooms if they are used by several people. Reservation will be possible again from 01.10.20.
From 24.08.2020, access to the library will be possible via all entrances to the hall.
From 01.09.2020 the group work room can be used by 2 persons at the same time. A reservation will be possible again from 01.10.20..
From 01.09.2020 the group work room can be used by 4 persons at the same time. A reservation will be possible again from 01.10.20.
Active and passive inter-library lending for books and copies is possible under "normal" conditions.
You can still order literature via the delivery service subito and have it delivered directly to your home: https://www.subito-doc.de/
Interlibrary loans can be returned from at all locations.
You are welcome to use our numerous electronic resources. The electronic offers are available from your private computer via VPN (in german language only) or the virtual desktops of the faculties.
A number of publishers are currently making articles, magazines and e-books temporarily available free of charge. Please research these temporary offers here.