Students of Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences are automatically activated for library use after enrolment and mailing of the CampusCard. The CampusCard is also the library card. The user number for the library can be found on the back of the CampusCard under the barcode. The right to use the library always runs for one year and should be renewed in good time. To renew your CampusCard, please come to the service counter in one of our libraries.
Employees of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences should have their CampusCard and ID ready; the CampusCard will also be activated as the library card free-of-charge.
Even external visitors have the opportunity to apply for permission upon presentation of their identity card. The prerequisite is a registered residence in Germany. The card costs a one-time fee of €5.00; this fee is to be paid without cash using an EC debit card.
In your library account you will find a list of the titles you have borrowed or reserved, as well as information on any charges incurred. You can access it via our website under My Library Account.
Number = ID card number (see below)
Password = your date of birth, 6 digits (DDMMYY).
You will receive the following information:
Under the menu item "Details" you will find information about yourself, e.g. address data as well as information about the validity of your library card.
Loans (here also extension of loan periods)
Here you get a list of your borrowed media with the corresponding loan period end date. At this point you can extend the loan periods: Mark the desired titles and confirm with the button "Extend". There is also an option to filter by renewable and non-renewable media.
In the following cases, the loan period cannot be extended:
- for media that have already been reserved
- for media whose loan period has already been extended 12 times
- if a medium borrowed by you has already been reminded in the 3rd reminder level
- if you have reached a fee amount of € 20,- in your receivables account.
- if the user authorization has expired
Under the menu item "Reservations" you can see the media you have reserved.
Here you will find an overview of fees incurred. Please pay the fees cashless (with a loaded CampusCard or EC card) at one of our cash machines or transfer the amount to the university's account. You can find more information here.
For legal reasons, the university library is obliged to keep personal data up to date or to delete it when it is no longer required. The validity of the library card is therefore checked annually.
The authorisation to use the library is valid for one year and can be renewed free of charge for a further year at the service counters upon presentation of the CampusCard or the library card. Any outstanding overdue fines must be paid before renewal.
If you lose the CampusCard, it is important to immediately report the loss to the university via the ServiceDesk firstname.lastname@example.org and cancel the card. There you will also learn how to get a new CampusCard. If your library card is lost, directly contact the circulation staff, so that your library card can be canceled so that no one can borrow media in your name. The issuance of a new library card costs €5.00.
In collaboration with the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, the wireless LAN access to the university network was established for university members. Get a detailed guide for setting up the eduroam network here here (website only available in German).
For questions about the network, please contact the ServiceDesk Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (website only available in German).
The VPN service enables access to licensed library products (such as databases, electronic journals and e-books) from a home computer workstation. This service is provided in cooperation with the Computer Centre of the University of Osnabrück and is freely available to all members of the University of Osnabrück.
With the help of the VPN service, members of the university can log in from any computer with their university ID. They are then virtually on campus and can use the library's electronic services.
Access is via a locally installed VPN client. This locally installed client has the advantage that it is independent of the browser used and is also available for Mac OS and Android, for example.
You can find more information about the VPN service on the universitys website.
Some database vendors have expressly excluded the possibility of remote access in their license agreements; please understand that these products cannot be accessed from the home workstation. Information on the access conditions of individual databases can be found in our database information system (DBIS).
If access to electronic services from home does not work, this can have various causes. Often the VPN service is not activated or not fully activated. Moreover, access via VPN is only available to members of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. If you follow the routine below, you can check whether your VPN service is working:
1. Please restart your computer.
2. Start the VPN client.
3. After starting the VPN, your IP address must begin with 131.173. ....
4. Then start the browser.
5. Search via our search engine Scinos, the catalog or one of our databases and call up the e-medium.
If your IP address starts with 131.173. ... and you still do not have access, please contact the Library of the Osnabrück University of Applied Science. You can find out the IP address by using common search engines and entering "What is my IP".
If your IP address does not start with 131.173. ... despite an activated VPN, please contact the service desk at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences.
With some providers, it is necessary to log in via Shibboleth instead of via VPN from off-campus.The login and access via Shibboleth applies, for example, to all e-books from the UTB publishing house and all e-books from other publishers that are also accessible via the UTB platform. These include: transcript, facultas, Ernst Reinhardt Verlag, Herbert von Halem Verlag. Access and instructions can be found at utb elibrary.
Information on the access conditions of individual databases can be found in our database information system (DBIS).
Yes, for the use of PCs in the library PC pools, you need your central university user name ID (OSCA). Students will find this on their student ID.
Yes, to print, you need a CampusCard. You can send your print jobs to the Pool PCs to one of the copiers and printers which are set up in the library.
Printing in the Westerberg central library
- Log in to the computer with your personal university ID and start the print job from your application. For printing you have to log in again with user number (0959...) and password (university id).
- For b/w printing, select the printer qpilotsw - for a color print, select qpilotcl. Confirm with Print.
- For b/w-printing choose any public printer in the shared library building. For color prints, a color printer is available in the printer room in the ground floor. To print, insert your CampusCard into the terminal next to the printer. Please note that it will take a few minutes to retrieve the print.
- Press the F1 key on the printer terminal to switch to print mode. Your print jobs are displayed with the number of pages and the total cost. Start the print job with F3 or delete it with DEL. To end the process and get the CampusCard back, press END. Please refer to the notices in the printer rooms for the current print prices.
Printing in the branch libraries in Haste and Lingen
- Log in to a computer in the library (e.g. in the PC pool) with your personal university ID and start the print job from your application.
- For b/w prints please select the printer "QPilot sw" and for colour prints the printer "QPilot Color". After submitting the print job, please enter your personal university ID again in the dialogue box. The print job is confirmed by closing the print job confirmation.
- To start the printing process, the CampusCard must be inserted into the terminal connected to the printer. To enter the print mode, press the F1 key. The previously sent print jobs are now displayed. Press the F3 key to start and settle the print job. The selected print job can be deleted with DEL. The END key ends the operation and ejects the card. Print jobs that have not been deleted or printed are retained. For the current print prices, please refer to the notices.
You can only store data for a short time. When the PC is restarted, data will be destroyed. Therefore, it is advisable to store data on an external media carrier.
The e-mail service essentially includes two different features:
- It informs users in advance of expiring loan periods free-of-charge
- It allows our users to receive interlibrary loan and reservation alerts as well as as 1st to 3rd reminder via e-mail.
Students of the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück who have enrolled from winter semester 2020/2021 onwards will automatically be registered for the e-mail service with their university e-mail address (email@example.com) after enrolment and dispatch of the CampusCard. Starting in the winter semester 2020/2021, communication with all students at the university will be exclusively via the university e-mail address. All other e-mail addresses used so far have been changed to the university e-mail address.
After you register using the online form and accept the terms and conditions, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our system. To activate or confirm your e-mail address, please click on the WWW address marked with 'URL1' which is specified in this e-mail.
Important! Often, these e-mails land in the spam filters due to their automated form. If you have received an e-mail after registration, then please check your spam filter!
For university students there is no possibility to change the e-mail address. If necessary, you can redirect the incoming mails to another mail address.
For all others: To unsubscribe from the e-mail service, please click on the WWW address marked with 'URL2', which is specified in the e-mail sent to you after registration. If you no longer have this e-mail, please contact us using the change form (form only available in German).
To change an already confirmed e-mail address, first log off the service and then log on again. Unconfirmed or already registered e-mail addresses can be activated again by re-registration.
Important! Typically, users who activate a deregistered e-mail address again, will no longer be asked by the system to confirm the address.