From the winter semester 2020/2021 students of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences will automatically be activated for library use after enrolment and mailing of the CampusCard. The CampusCard is also the library card. The user number for the library can be found on the back of the CampusCard under the barcode. The right to use the library always runs for one year and should be renewed in good time. To renew your CampusCard, please come to the service counter in one of our libraries.
Employees of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences should have their CampusCard and ID ready; the CampusCard will also be activated as the library card free-of-charge.
Even external visitors have the opportunity to apply for permission upon presentation of their identity card. The prerequisite is a registered residence in Germany. The card costs a one-time fee of €5.00; this fee is to be paid without cash using an EC debit card.
In your library account, you will receive a list of the titles you have borrowed, reserved or renewed as well as information on accrued fees. You can gain access via the home page with the link 'My library account' of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences Library. Alternatively, you can also find your library account at the top right of the search engine menu scin|os.
Please login first with your library card number and your password (date of birth: DDMMYY).
You will then receive the following information: User data, loans (with an renewal option), reservations, costs
To borrow media, you need a valid library card or your valid CampusCard of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. Take the media that you want to borrow from the shelves in the open shelf access and borrow them either using our SelfCheck terminals or at the service counter. Notes can only be borrowed via the service counter.
The loan period for books, music, audio CDs and CD-ROMs is 28 days for students and city users. Faculty and staff of the Hochschule Osnabrück can borrow books, music, audio CDs and CD-ROMs for 120 days. When not if reserved, the loan period of media can be renewed up to five times online. The loan period for psychological tests for all customers is 14 days, without the renewal option. The predetermined loan period cannot be extended.
If a desired title is already loaned out, you will see the current loan period with the copy data. You now have the option of reserving the title. Click on the link "Reserve" for the desired copy. This opens a new window. If you would like to reserve the title, please enter your user data (library card number + date of birth in six-digit form: DDMMYY) and click on the button "Send". You will then receive a short confirmation that the title has now been reserved for you. The current borrower of the medium cannot renew this title anymore and is obliged to return the literature to the library at the end of the loan period. After return, the title will be available for you for a period of 5 days on the library's reservation shelf. If you have registered for our e-mail service, you will receive a notification as soon as the media is available for you.
You can take the reserved media from the reservation shelf in the self pickup area during opening hours and borrowed using our self-service terminals (website only available in German). The issuance is done with signatures. If you have multiple media reserved, you will find them at different locations on the shelf. You can see the media that is ready for you from your reservation notification or at any time via your "library account", under "Loaned items". Interlibrary loans, psychological tests, as well as other magazine orders are issued at the service counter. Please note the service times.
The fee per volume:
1st reminder € 2.00
2nd reminder € 5.00 plus fee for the previous reminder
3rd reminder €10.00 plus fee for the previous reminders
If overdue fees have accrued, please pay these either cashless (via CampusCard or an EC debit card) at the ticket machines in your library.
If you notice that an important book is missing from our collection, you can submit an acquisition recommendation online. In consultation with the relevant library representative, a decision will be made on the acquisition of the title. In the Haste Branch Library, you can also make your acquisition recommendations at the circulation desk and enter it into the list available there.
The Campus Westerberg library has a comprehensively equipped music carrel. The music carrel offers the possibility to
- produce sound, vocal and electric piano recordings (+ other instruments)
- create your own arrangements with Logic Pro or Ableton-Live
- as well as to access further hard- and software from the field of music production.
The use of the music carrel requires prior technical knowledge and can be used by students and staff of the university under the following conditions:
- All producing students from IfM (Institut für Musik) can freely book the music carrel via the room reservation "zeitwart". The transponder is issued at the service desk of the library Campus Westerberg.
- All other interested parties (students and staff of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences) have the opportunity to work in the music carrel by arrangement and together with a tutor. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Corona reasons, no more than three people can work in the Music Carrel at the same time until further notice.
In collaboration with the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, the wireless LAN access to the university network was established for university members. Get a detailed guide for setting up the eduroam network here on the OSCA portal (website only available in German).
For questions about the network, please contact the ServiceDesk Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (website only available in German).
The VPN service enables access to licensed library products (such as databases, electronic journals and e-books) from a home computer workstation. This service is provided in cooperation with the Computer Centre of the University of Osnabrück and is freely available to all members of the University of Osnabrück.
With the help of the VPN service, members of the university can log in from any computer with their OSCA identification. They are then virtually on campus and can use the library's electronic services.
Access is via a locally installed VPN client. This locally installed client has the advantage that it is independent of the browser used and is also available for Mac OS and Android, for example.
You can find more information about the VPN service on the universitys website.
Some database vendors have expressly excluded the possibility of remote access in their license agreements; please understand that these products cannot be accessed from the home workstation. Information on the access conditions of individual databases can be found in our database information system (DBIS).
With some providers, it is necessary to log in via Shibboleth instead of via VPN from off-campus.The login and access via Shibboleth applies, for example, to all e-books from the UTB publishing house and all e-books from other publishers that are also accessible via the UTB platform. These include: transcript, facultas, Ernst Reinhardt Verlag, Herbert von Halem Verlag. Access and instructions can be found at utb elibrary.
Information on the access conditions of individual databases can be found in our database information system (DBIS).
Yes, for the use of PCs in the library PC pools, you need your central university user name ID (OSCA). Students will find this on their student ID.
Yes, to print, you need a CampusCard. You can send your print jobs to the Pool PCs to one of the copiers and printers which are set up in the library.
Printing in the Westerberg central library
- Log in to the computer with your personal (OSCA) ID and start the print job from your application. For printing you have to log in again with user number (0959...) and password (OSCA password).
- For b/w printing, select the printer qpilotsw - for a color print, select qpilotcl. Confirm with Print.
- For b/w-printing choose any public printer in the shared library building. For color prints, a color printer is available in the Learning Resource Center (ground floor). To print, insert your CampusCard into the terminal next to the printer. Please note that it will take a few minutes to retrieve the print.
- Press the F1 key on the printer terminal to switch to print mode. Your print jobs are displayed with the number of pages and the total cost. Start the print job with F3 or delete it with DEL. To end the process and get the CampusCard back, press END. Please refer to the notices in the printer rooms for the current print prices.
Printing in the branch libraries in Haste and Lingen
- Log in to a computer in the library (e.g. in the PC pool) with your personal ID (OSCA) and start the print job from your application.
- For b/w prints please select the printer "QPilot sw" and for colour prints the printer "QPilot Color". After submitting the print job, please enter your OSCA identifier again in the dialogue box. The print job is confirmed by closing the print job confirmation.
- To start the printing process, the CampusCard must be inserted into the terminal connected to the printer. To enter the print mode, press the F1 key. The previously sent print jobs are now displayed. Press the F3 key to start and settle the print job. The selected print job can be deleted with DEL. The END key ends the operation and ejects the card. Print jobs that have not been deleted or printed are retained. For the current print prices, please refer to the notices.
You can only store data for a short time. When the PC is restarted, data will be destroyed. Therefore, it is advisable to store data on an external media carrier.
The e-mail service essentially includes two different features:
- It informs users in advance of expiring loan periods free-of-charge
- It allows our users to receive interlibrary loan and reservation alerts as well as as 1st to 3rd reminder via e-mail.
Students of the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück who have enrolled from winter semester 2020/2021 onwards will automatically be registered for the e-mail service with their university e-mail address (email@example.com) after enrolment and dispatch of the CampusCard. Starting in the winter semester 2020/2021, communication with all students at the university will be exclusively via the university e-mail address. All other e-mail addresses used so far have been changed to the university e-mail address.
After you register using the online form and accept the terms and conditions, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our system. To activate or confirm your e-mail address, please click on the WWW address marked with 'URL1' which is specified in this e-mail.
Important! Often, these e-mails land in the spam filters due to their automated form. If you have received an e-mail after registration, then please check your spam filter!
For university students there is no possibility to change the e-mail address. If necessary, you can redirect the incoming mails to another mail address.
For all others: To unsubscribe from the e-mail service, please click on the WWW address marked with 'URL2', which is specified in the e-mail sent to you after registration. If you no longer have this e-mail, please contact us using the change form (form only available in German).
To change an already confirmed e-mail address, first log off the service and then log on again. Unconfirmed or already registered e-mail addresses can be activated again by re-registration.
Important! Typically, users who activate a deregistered e-mail address again, will no longer be asked by the system to confirm the address.
Could your question be answered? Please contact our employees in the library.